Part of the Traditional Line from Williams by Bachmann. The BL2 locomotive debuted in 1948 by the EMD division of GE as a new concept meant to give a solution for "Branch Line" service. A redesigned car body on a modified F-3 chassis, it offered greater visibility to the rear of the train for the engineer. They were costly to build and maintain, but the idea was revolutionary, making this locomotive a historical milestone towards the development of the prolific GP series. Only 59 units were built. Several are preserved in museums. A few are still used to pull scenic railroads.
Features include 4 wheel trucks with traction tires; powered by dual motors, flywheel coasting action; all metal gears and wheels; electronic 6-amp reverse board; True Blast II digital horn and bell; durable ABS plastic shell; die-cast trucks, truck sides, pilots, and fuel tank; dual headlights; die-cast operating couplers; 19 individually installed grab irons and handrails; navigates 027 turns; 15" in length, height 4"