�In 1948, EMDs Division of GM debuted a new concept to American railroads; the BL-2 locomotive. Offered as an all-purpose solution for "Branch Line" service, it was a redesigned car body on a modified F-3 chassis. It offered the engineer greater visibility to the rear of the locomotive. They were costly to build and maintain, but the idea was revolutionary, making this locomotive a historical milestone towards the development of the prolific GP series introduced the following year. Only 59 units in total were built. Several are preserved in museums and a few are still used to pull scenic railroads. Features include navigates 0-27 curves, length 15", height 4", 4 wheel trucks with traction tires, powered by dual motors, flywheel coasting action, all metal gears and wheels, electronic 6-amp reverse board, True Blast II digital horn and bell, durable ABS plastic shell, die cast trucks, truck sides, pilots, and fuel tank, dual headlights, die-cast operating couplers, 19 individually installed grab irons and handrails. Williams by Bachmann.